7G PS: Seven Generations Paths to Success
Formerly known as the Seven Generation Pathways to Success, Seven Generation Paths to Success (7G PS) was established to address the decline of Native American students in business related degrees. The 7G PS program specifically targets Native American high school students interested in entrepreneurship and/or obtaining a business degree.
This program provided important information on how to prepare for college such as resume building, academic requirements, and goal setting. This interactive college experience allows high school students to gain an exclusive and informative observation on what the Northern Arizona University W. A. Franke College of Business offers.
7G PS Program Goals:
- Increase the number of retention of American Indian students interested in business and entrepreneurship enrolled at NAU.
- Increase the students’ sense of belonging to the NAU campus community.
- Increase knowledge of the Financial Aid opportunities to support their college experience.
- Improve student knowledge of money management.
- Expose students to understand the college-level technology
- Be a member of a Federally Recognized American Indian Tribe
- Incoming 11th or 12th grade high school student
- Must have an interest in Business Administration, Accounting, Management, Finance, Economics, Computer Information Systems, Hotel & Resturant Management, and/or Marketing
- Must have a 2.75 or above Cummulative GPA
Past 7G PS programs:
- July 8-10, 2015
- June 7-10, 2016
- July 5-8, 2016
7G PS Events:
- July 2017 7GPS has been postponed till further notice.
- Fall 2018 - Half Day Youth Event Coming Soon! Come back soon for more details. Please click here for contact CAIED.
Sponsored by the Johnson Scholarship Foundation
Categories: 7g ps paths to success