Job Search Resources
There are many opportunities to gain hands-on experience while in college. You can volunteer in organizations that interest you, take on leadership roles in student clubs and organizations, work part-time in on- or off-campus jobs, participate in job-shadow’s, initiate research projects, or travel abroad. These hands-on experiences will compliment your formal education, and help you stand out to employers. Follow us on Pinterest and Facebook for more job search ideas and tips.
- Interested in sustainability? Check out NAU Green programs for student groups, community programs, and campus initiatives to get involved with
- Idealist.org is a job and internship website for students looking for opportunities in not-for-profit companies.
- Search for volunteering opportunity with Volunteer LinkedIn
- Volunteer with the Civic Service Institute.
- AmeriCorps hires students to serve at over 30 agencies throughout Coconino County.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills by becoming a mentor.
- Sign up for Volunteer Match and find opportunities in your community or around the company.
- Volunteering in Public Health can be found here: Public Health Opportunities.
- Opportunity Knocks
- Forbes list of the top websites for nonprofit jobs
- Nonprofit Jobs
- Philanthropy Careers
- B Corporation
Government / Veterans'
Working Abroad / International
There are numerous affordable study abroad programs, some of which include internships or research. The Global Research and Internship Program allows students to seek out their own international internship and receive academic credit.
- Center for International Education Contact Danielle.Varnes@nau.edu for more information.
- NAU Education Abroad
- CDO Pinterest
Vault - “Whether you are just entering the workforce, making a lateral career move or considering a career change, Vault.com is more than just reviews, it provides the intelligence you need for the career you want—search current job openings, research a company, school or industry, get the inside scoop on what it’s really like, and find the career advice you need to launch your career.”
iHipo is designed for applicants who seek international work experience and internships. iHipo has an extensive list of international jobs and internships, group discussions and resources that job seekers can use to enhance their search.
Jobbydoo is designed to help individuals find job opportunities quickly, easily and for free, both in the U.S. and abroad. Jobbydoo is also located in the following countries: UK, Australia, Germany, France, Italy and Brazil.
Learn How to Become is a comprehensive career resource with a mission to help students and aspiring professionals understand what it takes to land their perfect career. Access resources and tools designed to your ideal career field.