Career Exploration Day is NEXT WEEK! Register TODAY to receive a personalized name tag!
Career Exploration Day is ONE WEEK AWAY!
Get ready, Jacks – Career Exploration Day is next week! Have you registered? If not, press HERE to register in just one easy click! Not sure how to prepare for the fair? Here is a quick checklist for you:
- Start researching companies and the jobs that they are hiring for NOW! To look at all of the companies attending the fair, press HERE.
- Résumés! Bring multiple résumés to the fair. You never know how many companies you’ll end up talking to and becoming interested in!
- Dress business professionally. This is HUGE – you want employers to take you seriously!
- Prepare your elevator pitch. This is essential to introduce yourself to recruiters. Not confident in your elevator pitch? Press HERE for elevator pitch resources!
- Just breathe. The employers are here for YOU! They are excited to meet you – be yourself, smile, make eye contact, and never forget to give a firm handshake!
Register before 5PM on February 27th for a personalized name tag!
With the fair coming up so soon, registration is only open for a couple more days! Register before 5PM on February 27nd so you can get a personalized and professional name tag. It sounds like a small element, but take anything that presents you in a more professional way and run with it! Register on Handshake by clicking HERE – it’s only a click to register! If you forget to register by 5PM on the 27nd, do not think that you are not allowed to come! Walk-ins are welcome, and you can make your own name tag once you check-in. Register today!
Jobs and Internships
- Wiseman Aviation is hiring a part-time CSR and a part-time Flight Line Personnel
- GEICO is hiring for the Sales Externship
- Leavitt Group of Northern AZ Insurance is searching for a paid Intern
- Pagosa Area Water & Sanitation District is looking for someone to fill their Comptroller position
- Equity Methods is now accepting applications for their May 2018 Externship
- Make-A-Wish Arizona is currently recruiting Summer Interns
For more information and to apply for these jobs, press HERE.
- A Black History Project: Wednesday, February 28th from 10AM – 10PM in the NAU International Pavilion
- M-Chat: The African Diaspora: Wednesday, February 28th from 3PM – 4:30PM in the University Union, Havasupai C
- Career Exploration Day: Friday, March 2nd from 10AM – 2PM in the FCB. Bring your ID to check in and stay for at least 50 minutes for Pathways credit!
- Effective Communication Skills: Saturday, March 3rd from 10AM – 11:20AM in FCB Room 445
For additional details about specfic Pathways events, press HERE.
- Career Exploration Day: March 2nd, 2018! This is an incredible opportunity for students to meet with our employers to begin networking, explore career options, and apply for internship and full-time employment opportunities. Register by clicking HERE!
- Mock Interviews will be happening every day next week leading up to the fair! If you signed up for a mock interview with Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Young’s Market, Signature Consultants, GEICO, or DISCOVER, start preparing now! Don’t forget to show up for your mock interview a couple minutes earlier than your designated time dressed business professional with a résumé in hand!
- Vanguard’s 1st Annual “Ladies Empowering and Developing” Symposium: Friday, April 6th from 10AM – 2:30PM in Scottsdale, AZ. This event is for women who are seniors. The focus of this symposium will be on empowering female undergraduates with confidence to reach their full potential. For more information, press HERE and to apply, press HERE!
- Future Business Leaders of America is hosting a LinkedIn Photo Fundraiser from now until March! For $20, you will get 25 digital photos and they are available to work around your schedule! Email email@example.com to schedule a shoot.
Follow the CDO on social media! @NAUFrankeCDO
Categories: cdo friday newsletter friday newsletter career development office cdo career exploration day career week career prep week spring 2018