CDO Newsletter: FCB Services and Jobs for YOU!
Good afternoon, Jacks!
We hope that your first two weeks of school have been wonderful and that you’re prepared for this semester! Here in the Career Development Office, we want to assist you in anything that you need involving the success of your future. Every Friday, we will be sending you an email with all of our new job and internship opportunities, as well as events happening around the FCB. We would love to meet you and help you with anything you need, so stop by FCB Room 108 and introduce yourself to our team!
Services that the FCB has to offer:
The W. A. Franke College of Business has many services to offer you that will benefit your time at NAU and your future! Check out what the Career Development Office, Business Communication Center, Office of Advising and Academic Support, Veteran Student Center, and Office of Undergraduate Programs has to offer you! Press HERE for more details!
Job and Internship Opportunities
For more details and to apply to these jobs, press HERE!
Jobs and Internships for All Majors
- Life Care Centers of America is seeking an intern to be trained in Healthcare recruitment. This internship in Human Resources requires excellent communication and organizational skills, proficiency in office technology, social media savvy, willingness to learn presentation and training skills, and ability to work with executive level administrators. The internship is available immediately and would run through December 2017.
- Disney is hiring! As a Disney College Program participant, you'll become part of the magic that is known worldwide. Gain valuable, on-the-job experience working in our parks and resorts, participate in college coursework, and have the opportunity to meet and live with people from all over the country and potentially the world in company-sponsored housing. This truly unique five- to seven-month program allows participants to network with leaders, take part in personal and career development classes, and build transferable skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, guest service and effective communication.
- UPS is seeking a self-motivated part-time Preload Sort Supervisor for their Flagstaff location. Gain valuable experience in managing and leading a team.
- Tailored Tutoring Co. is a local start up, partnered with NACET, that is offering tutoring for students of all majors. They are currently hiring for student tutors at $15/hour and looking to build their team!
- NAU Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation is searching for students to be True Blue Ambassadors! This position is a combined position, combining the Admissions Tour Guide position and Orientation Leader position. True Blue Ambassadors get paid to share their love of NAU. They are also adept at helping prospective students and their families transition to becoming part of the Lumberjack community and family. This is a year-round position, starting in spring semester and continuing into the summer, through mid-July.
- Bank of America is currently accepting applications for the 2018 Advisor Development Summer Analyst Program’s Consumer Banking Track. The internship program offers candidates a 10 week summer experience which is designed to provide exposure to Bank of America financial centers and client professional roles. Interns will have the opportunity to engage with teams and clients and contribute to a strategic project which impacts key drivers of business results. Qualifications include Junior status, 3.2 GPA preferred, and if offered a full time opportunity following your internship you will need to be geographically flexible with regards to your work location to be eligible.
- NAU Inclusion and Multicultural Student Services is seeking to fill Student Ambassador positions on campus. Students who apply for the position will be working in the IMSS office for an average of 5-6 hours per week and be paid $10 per hour. They will be networking with their peers in other student organizations, learning about event planning, putting together events for their student organizations as well as IMSS events, and develop a peer-to-peer education program focusing on diversity.
- The Arizona State Legislature is looking for Student Interns for this spring to experience the legislative process firsthand in Phoenix, AZ. The following positions are available to all students: State Legislature, Supreme Court, Governor’s Office, and AZ Capitol Television. Through this internship, you will receive a tuition/free waiver, earn upper division credit, and receive a $4,700 stipend.
- LuAnn McCormick Roberts is hiring a Customer Relations Coordinator in Flagstaff, AZ. The CRC will handle incoming calls, emails, and messages to be passed on to the appropriate staff member, schedule appointments, contact clients, assemble tax returns, scan source documents, pull files for upcoming appointments, and handle miscellaneous work for other staff members. The pay for this position will be $11/hour.
- NAU VP Academic Affairs BA Team is searching for a Data Analyst/Business Intelligence Intern in Flagstaff, AZ. This is an unpaid internship; however, is eligible for academic credit. The primary function of your position will be to perform a variety of wok related to data visualizations and data scrubbing using Tableau Business Intelligence tool and some Microsoft Excel for the VPAA BA office.
Accounting Jobs and Internships
- Four Peaks is hiring a part-time Office Assistant in Sedona, AZ. In this position, you will be scanning, working reception/front desk, filing, and communicating with clients. They are looking for an employee to work 20-30 hours per week Monday-Friday, starting at $10/hr.
Marketing Jobs and Internships
- Universal Legacies Inc. is a new technology company that develops mobile applications to improve people's lives. They are currently seeking volunteer digital marketers to work with them to manage and improve their brand, social media, company websites, and overall online presence.
- LuAnn McCormick Roberts is searching for a part-time Marketing Coordinator in Flagstaff, AZ. Your job will be to run social media blogs and update the website. You will create posts, blogs, etc. from the content provided by staff members. The Marketing Coordinator will also perform other general office tasks such as scanning, answering calls, taking messages, and other tasks assigned. The position will be paid $11/hr.
- FIRE- Flagstaff International Relief Efforts is looking for a Graphic Design Intern. The position will be located downtown Flagstaff. Some of the primary needs include designing flyers, annual reports, brochures, etc. You will be working on a new iMac using the Adobe Creative Suite CC. This would be a great opportunity to build a portfolio!
- Sedona Giclee Gallery & Aluminum Printing is looking to hire a Student Intern to gain professional experience. Ideal candidates are a junior or senior and have a concrete understanding in ecommerce, social media marketing, and content marketing.
For more details and to apply to these jobs, press HERE!
- Q-Chat – Queering TV: Monday, September 11th from 5pm-6:30pm in the University Union, Havasupai C
- SHRM Summer 2018 Study Abroad: Wednesday, September 13th from 5pm-6pm in the SHRM Fireplace Room
- Get Involved – Discover the FCB Student Organizations: Thursday, September 14th from 5:30pm-7pm in the FCB Gardner Auditorium, Room 101
- It’s on You: Creating a Culture of Civility in Your Workplace: Friday, September 15th from 10:30am-12:30pm in the University Union, Kaibab
- Academic Advising 101: Friday, September 15th from 1:30pm-3pm in the FCB Gardner Auditorium, Room 101
- Career Exploration Day: October 6th 10:00AM-2:00PM
STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR THE FAIR IS OPEN NOW!
Register on nau.joinhandshake.com by going to:
Events --> “NAU W. A. Franke College of Business Career Exploration Day Fall 2017”--> Join Event
Categories: cdo friday newsletter cdo newsletter 2017 fall 2017