Computer Information Systems Advisory Council
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) Advisory Council (CISAC) is comprised of industry and government professionals. The purpose of the CISAC is to advise the CIS Area, including faculty and students on issues related to area planning, curriculum development, student recruitment and placement. Some of the goals of the Advisory Council are:
- To provide guidance that correctly targets the curriculum to develop a skill set in our graduates which best meets market demands.
- To enhance the career placement opportunities for our students and help develop student job search and selection skills.
- To discover and promote strategic alliances leading to internship opportunities for our majors.
- To create and enhance a student's experience in the classroom through appearances, presentations and discussions with information technology leaders from the Advisory Council or their representative organizations.
- To provide industry information helpful in promoting and sustaining faculty currency with practices in information systems.
- To create opportunities for faculty research partnerships with business organizations and information technology professionals.
- To provide guidance on CIS area direction and resource allocation within the constrained resources available of program delivery.
Current members of the CIS Advisory Council
Director - Security and Operations
Business Systems Support Manager
Cigna Medical Group
Promises Kept Software
Senior VP - Logistics (Retired)
Williamson Dickies Manufacturing Company
Fort Worth, Texas
DST Systems Inc.
Kansas City, Missouri
Northern Arizona University
Tom Grazda (Advisory Council Chair)
Director - Outsourcing Programs
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Chula Vista, California
Michael Hawksworth (Advisory Council Treasurer)
Hawksworth brings over 30 years of experience providing management consulting services. As founder of MSS technologies, he developed the company’s initial business plan, designed its corporate structure and assembled its management team. As President/CEO of MSS, he is directly responsible for company policy, management practices and corporate development.
Along with serving as Secretary/Treasurer, for NAU-The W.A. Franke College of Business CIS Advisory Board, he also serves the following community and industry associations in various capacities; Arizona Technology Council, Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Dean Marlene Tromp’s Advisory Board at ASU’s New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, Rio Salado Community College President’s Advisory Board, ASU alumni and the ASU Economic Club.
In August 2010, Hawksworth was appointed by Governor Brewer to the Post Secondary Education Commission for the State of Arizona.
Education Technology Consortium
Northern Arizona University
Enterprise Infrastructure Leader
W L Gore and Associates
Russell has been in Flagstaff for 23 years, during which time he has spent 16 years working for WL Gore & Associates. His current commitment is Global Infrastructure leader which includes implementing the IT strategy within the global infrastructure team(s) and aligning priorities with Gore's Global businesses and functional needs. This includes Gore's global data centers, networks (WAN, LAN), telecommunications, databases and communication & collaboration efforts.
Russell is an alumni from NAU, having graduated from The W. A. Franke College of Business and is just finishing his Master's through NAU. This month he enjoyed his 25th wedding anniversary which has brought him two beautiful daughters, a son in law, and an awesome grandson!
Director - Outsourcing (Retired)
Computer Sciences Corporation
In 1973 Secore graduated from NAU with a business degree in Data Processing Management. For 10 years he worked at Phillips Petroleum and Tosco specializing in business application maintenance, development and management.
His next position was managing at Hughes Aircraft Company supporting integration efforts across 13 specialized divisions and groups. In 1994, he and 2000 other IT workers were outsourced to Computer Sciences Corporation, where he managed and opened global accounts until his retirement.
Director – Sales
Director, Solutions Architecture