FCB Alumni & Faculty Hall of Fame Inducts Four Members
Four outstanding individuals, Dr. Matt Casado and alumni Paige Lund, John Ferron, and Jim Travis, were recognized for their hard work and dedication to the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management and the College of Business at the FCB Faculty & Alumni Hall of Fame induction held on October 26, 2017. Each has shown great success in their lives and contributed something special to their institutions.
The criteria to be selected as a faculty inductee includes:
- shows a strong commitment to teaching and helping the college achieve its mission to be a leader in delivering the highest quality, personalized business education
- has a long-term and sustained positive impact on student learning
- reflects implementation of new and innovative teaching methods such as active learning, special use of technology, problem-based learning, use of case studies, service learning, learning assessment, and others.
The criteria to be selected as an alumni inductee includes:
- outstanding achievement and leadership on a community, state, national, or international level
- distinguished business leaders
- generosity of time and means in support of the FCB
- valuable and noteworthy in promoting the ideals of the college’s mission and vision.
The inductees were each taken into consideration for their accomplishments and how they well they reflect the criteria in place. Their stories, while unique, have a common theme of care for their fields and the FCB.
Dr. Matt Casado (‘91 MA Education) is Professor Emeritus from the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management. He joined SHRM in 1988 where he taught, researched, and published academic papers and books until he decided to retire. He has two children who are graduates of NAU. Casado continues writing, reviewing, and publishing academic papers, and traveling with his wife in his spare time.
Paige Lund (‘93 HRM) is the general manager of Renaissance Hotel and area general manager for the Marriott Connection in Downtown Phoenix. Lund proudly remains active with both SHRM and FCB by encouraging interns at her hotel, speaking in SHRM classes, mentoring current FCB students, and working with her husband to create the Kathryn Stevens Lund Memorial Scholarship fund for deserving FCB and SHRM students. Her dedication the the students makes her a well-deserving inductee.
John Ferron (‘86 FIN) is currently the executive chairman for Ivanti Software and has previous experience as CEO and CFO of several companies. Ferron brings an extensive and diverse leadership background in high-growth, technology-driven companies.
Jim Travis ('70 MKT), happily retired after years working for his company Travis and Associates, Inc. Under his leadership, the company prospered, adding product lines and employees. Outside of his company, Travis is an avid off road racer, making appearances in the Baja 500 and 1000. He has been seen on ESPN and ABC’s Wide World of Sports. He is also active with several civic organizations and has established the Mary Carol Travis scholarship for FCB students, in honor of his late wife.
The Hall of Fame inductees each bring an inspiring and motivating background to the program. The FCB is proud to have successful and hard working professionals that share a love for the College as members of the Hall of Fame.
Categories: 2017 fall 2017 alumni & faculty hall of fame matt casado paige lund john ferron jim travis fcb shrm