FCB’s Career Development Office to offer Vault
The FCB Career Development Office (CDO) helps students create a bridge to their future careers. At a summer 2013 National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) conference, CDO Director, Ron Smith, was approached by representatives from Vault's Career Insider who asked, "What if your students could be more selective about who they offer their services to?" Explaining that Vault’s mission is to help students make the connection between education and a meaningful career, they discussed aligning their common goals.
Vault's Career Insider offers Career Intelligence by delivering timely and actionable insider information and advice to students, bringing together “Elite Schools, Elite Employers, and Elite Job Seekers.”
They offered Smith their subscription based model for Vault, Campus Edition so that all students could have unlimited access to Vault content, realizing the savings of volume.
Smith was intrigued, recognizing how valuable this tool could be for FCB students. Business schools at campuses including Stanford, Cal Berkeley, UCLA, ASU, So Cal, University of Colorado, and Pepperdine were using the system. He solicited feedback from peer institutions using Vault to see if their students liked and utilized the resource. Feedback came back positive. Smith negotiated a 2-year contract for one fee with a renewal option after the 2 years.
“I am excited about this resource. We want our students to have access to every advantage possible to remain competitive in today’s job market. Vault gives our FCB students access to valuable career and company information.”
The rollout of Vault will be September 2014. The CDO is looking forward to promoting the use of this resource and anticipate high engagement by the students they serve.
Find out more about VAULT and Campus Insider HERE.
More about Vault
Vault's Campus Edition provides millions of university students and graduates with the information they need to be competitive in today's job market both in the U.S. and abroad!
As an online reference, students can find help with their search for an internship, their entire job placement, and their career preparation needs whenever and wherever they want.
Career Insider Features:
- Employer Research and Career Development Resource includes information on company profiles and rankings; industry and profession profiles; career guides; career advice, résumé and cover letters; an internship database; and graduate school reviews and rankings.
- Vault Blogs by Vault's team of experts offer content on topics ranging from the state of the job market to navigating a law school education. Students can also find résumé templates, interview question guides, and more.
- Find a Job or Find an internship. Students can apply directly from the site. They can upload their résumé, making it public or private. They can receive job alerts via email.
- Day in the Life articles, wherein users can read about the daily responsibilities in a particular industry, profession, and even organizations. These Q&A sessions are verified with actual employees.
- Videos covering advice for interviews, and creating industry-specific résumés and cover letters.
Categories: vault career development office cdo 2014 fall 2014 vault career insider ron smith