FCB Dean Van Slyke’s April 2016 Update
April 20, 2016
To follow is Dean Craig Van Slyke's final update of the academic year. In addition to stories covered in the yearly news channel, these stories are worthy of note.
Awards and accomplishments
This semester several FCB faculty have been given prestigious awards:
- Bev Amer – President’s Distinguished Teaching Fellow
- Eric Yordy – President’s Award
- Julie Mueller – Phi Kappa Phi Faculty Scholar Award
- Larry Watkins – Arizona Society of CPAs Excellence in Teaching Award
- Julene Boger – nominated for a Louie award
In addition, FCB students did well in several competitions, including:
- First place presentation in the recent CFA Desert Classic Regional Global Research Challenge
- Third place in the Arizona Collegiate Sales Competition
- First place in the SAP ERP Simulation competition, and third place in the Security competition at the Association for Information Systems Student Leadership Conference.
Appointments and Promotions
Pin Ng, professor of economics, will be serving the remaining two years of the Franke Professorship.
Gavin Zhang was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
FCB is very happy to offer several exciting, educational study abroad experiences this summer. In some cases, these are life-changing experiences for students. I am grateful to the faculty who take the time and effort to organize and conduct such meaningful experiences for our students. Here’s a list of this summer’s study abroad experiences (in no particular order):
- NAU Summer Study in Europe (Kathleen King)
- NAU in France and Morocco (Rick Szal)
- Discovering Gastronomy (John Cauvin and Mark Molinaro)
- NAU in Southeast Asia: Thailand and Cambodia (Dave and Allison Weber)
- Language and Linguine (Kevin Massoletti in cooperation with SHRM)
Categories: beverly amer eric yordy julie mueller larry watkins julene boger desert classic regional global research competition global research challenge arizona collegiate sales competition ais student leadership conference pin ng gavin zhang summer study in europe france and morocco discovering gastronomy nau in southeast asia southeast asia language and linguine 2016 spring 2016 faculty students