The W. A. Franke College of Business Maintains Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation
As part of the requirements for maintaining accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), The W. A. Franke College of Business at Northern Arizona University completed a successful maintenance review and visit. Achieving and maintaining AACSB accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education, and has been earned by less than five percent of the world's business schools. Programs must meet high levels of quality in teaching, research, and professional engagement to earn accreditation and are then reviewed every five years to ensure that the programs have quality control measures in place to maintain that quality.
In 2013, the AACSB revised the accreditation standards to focus on engagement, innovation, and impact. As one of the first two universities in the world to be reviewed under new standards, we are helping set the tone for how they will be interpreted in the future.
“The AACSB review team noted how universally dedicated our faculty and staff are to the success of our students,” said Craig Van Slyke, dean of The W. A. Franke College of Business. “The focus on preparing our students for success is a hallmark of an FCB education for decades. It is gratifying to know that our students-centered culture is so clearly evident.”
The review committee cited several areas of strengths during their review. Here are just a few:
- dedicated faculty and staff who are committed to providing high-quality education and are adaptive to innovative learning initiatives
- state-of-the-art facilities and technology
- experiential and active learning opportunities that engage students. These include learning communities, student competitions, the Executive Job Shadow Program, and the integrated BizBlock curriculum
- holistic and progressive approaches to professional student development through the Business Leadership Program, the Pathways to Professional Leadership, the Professional Recognition Program, and the Career Development Office
- the innovative Executive in Residence Program that brings exceptional industry leaders to the classroom to share their experience, passion, and industry knowledge
Our ongoing accreditation is just one example of many recent accomplishments, including:
- US News & World Report 2015 Best Graduate Schools ranked the MBA program in the top three for small full-time programs (less than 50 students). This is the first national ranking for the MBA program
- Military Times, Best for Vets: Business Schools 2014 named the College as the United States’ 10th best business school for returning service members
- the Student Managed Investment Fund took first place at the CFA Desert Classic Regional Competition for the CFA Global Investment Research Challenge, beating out teams from ASU, UA, and UNLV
“It takes a great deal of commitment and determination to earn and maintain AACSB Accreditation,” said Robert D. Reid, executive vice president and chief accreditation officer of AACSB International. “Business schools must not only meet specific standards of excellence, but their deans, faculty, and professional staff must make a commitment to ongoing continuous improvement to ensure that the institution will continue to deliver the highest quality of education to students.”
As seen on NAUnews HERE.
About AACSB International
AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), founded in 1916, is an association of more than 694 educational institutions, businesses, and other organizations in 45 countries and territories. AACSB's mission is to advance quality management education worldwide through accreditation, thought leadership, and value-added services. As the premier accreditation body for institutions offering undergraduate, master's, and doctorate degrees in business and accounting, the association also conducts a wide array of conferences and seminar programs at locations throughout the world. AACSB's global headquarters is located in Tampa, Florida, USA and its Asia Pacific headquarters is located in Singapore. Visit aacsb.edu for more information.
Categories: aacsb aacsb accreditation association to advance collegiate schools of business craig van slyke 2014 spring 2014